Friday, February 20, 2009

Dil's Beat Shop



Alright It's still Dilla month..Nothing has changed. All month it's Dilla related. We got one more mix to go after this one.

The homie Jeff Jank sent me this picture and I had to do a mix to go with it...It's perfect.


This is a mix of nothing but Dil's Record collection..


...the original source for the beats.


Half of this mix is on "The Ma Dukes Collection"...this is that mix with a 2nd half added.

(There is a 3rd and 4th half)

Also....If you know these records...don't call it out..I don't like doing these type of mixes because I've seen artist get popped because of these type of mixes..not everyone can afford to clear some of these loops.....thank you.


Go out and pick up House Shoes "King James Verse 1-5" for more....BUY IT!!!!! The dough goes to Ma Dukes....

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks man always appreciated

Peace
Mishk

TGTINT said...

Thanks for the hook, the photo is great.

Unknown said...

Great mix, as always. Love the source material mixed up as tight as this...and theShatner interview is a definite plus!

Eric Nord said...

dilla deserves better than zshare

Eric Nord said...

rapidshare
megauploadd

eetz said...

Another great post, thanks for this. Can't wait to hear the others.

Unknown said...

Check this out; http://waxpoetics.com/issues/issue_17/... An entire issue of Wax poetics devoted to Dilla's incredible career. His legacy lives on!

Unknown said...

THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!

Bowls said...

Thanks for this. The joint at 28:00....YO! I love it.

topdogkiller said...

Thanks j rocc, you always seem to amaze me. Heard that the suite for ma dukes was beautiful and mad dope.

TGTINT said...

Suite for Ma Dukes was like goin to Church or something... still feeling it today.

I lost a dear friend last Feb and Dilla's music was something I found on his Ipod.. got me through it all. Thank you Jay Dee acts 1-3saved me!

oksoundsgood said...

killin it everytime j rocc + so nice hearing these!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the mix, warmed my soul.

Peace

caminos said...

Alright I know I'm not supposed to call out the samples, and I won't, but I would like to know what is the name of the Dilla track which uses the sample at about 18:00. I heard the track on Kutmah's Dusted Soul mix but never knew it was a Dilla beat!